Description: The Adams Morgan Partnership BID seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with event planning and research efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising, placemaking, commercial real estate, and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Draft and distribute promotional materials
- Ensure special events content on the event website and social media sites is updated
- Assist with sponsor tracking, acknowledgement and follow-up
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings, including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Commercial real estate market research and economic development research
- Experience in social media, including firm grasp of available tools and platforms
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably a graduate student with an interest in real estate or economic development or marketing, or event planning
- Previous internship or related experience in economic development or event planning is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including Internet research experience
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Start Date: Position open until filled; requires semester commitment (or semester equivalent).
Hours: Approximately 10 hours/week, preferably spent over one or two days in the office. Up to 12 hours per week may be expected around event dates.
Compensation: This is an unpaid/volunteer internship.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adams Morgan Partnership Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.